The Black Star
By fiifi DZANSI
Select the Right Colour
A star is a celestial body that shines at night. There’re billions of them. With tinny glittering lights, they pierce through the dark clouds far away.
Often, a star symbolizes hope and excellence. If you play a pivotal role in a team or excel at your work, you become the star.
A star’s purpose is to bring hope and show others the way to excellence.
In Africa, Black star stands for Africa, Pan-Africanism and Anti-Colonialism. After gaining independence, Africans feel confident about handling their affairs.
Though the black star, as a symbol, is picked with good intentions, it has a flaw. Black doesn’t reflect colour. Black is an absence of light (in science) or colour (in art).
Shine Your Light
Never be an obscured star.
Instead, be a shining star with powerful flames that burn at all times, even in the pouring rain.
Ways to be a shining star.
- Share the knowledge you acquire while building your brand.
- Openly put your portfolio online and talk about how you work so beginners can learn from you.
- Give reviews to small brands.
- Mentor those who require your expertise.
- Share, like or comment on great work other people create.
In the end, as you let your light shine, you empower others to do the same.